In which our heroes find quite a lot to say about a genre that barely exists in comics.
Southern gothic persists as a genre in all other mediums, so why is that deliciously swampy style so under-represented in comics? An investigation brought to you by big words, a fetish for Spanish moss, and that half-glimpsed face at the window of the ol' plantation house.
We talked about:
- Iceman - Sina Grace and Alessandro Vitti
- Winnebago Graveyard - Steve Niles, Alison Sampson, Stephane Paitreau
- The Unsound - Cullen Bunn, Jack T. Cole
- Grass Kings - Matt Kindt and Tyler Jenkins
- The Stone Heart (Nameless City Vol.2) - Faith Erin Hicks, Jordie Bellaire
- Bulletproof Coffin: The 1000 Yard Stare - Shaky Kane and David Hine
- Godshaper - Si Spurrier and Jonas Goonface
- Black Hammer - Jeff lemire and Dean Ormston
- Harrow County - Cullen Bunn and Tyler Crook
- Will O' The Wisp - Tom Hammock and Megan Hutchinson
- Swamp Thing - Alan Moore, Stephen Bissette et al
- Wet Moon - Sophie Campbell
Apologies for the occasional spurt of someone else's voice on the background of this one. Some people just don't know how to use their indoor voice.
Have we missed something obvious? Tell us in the comments so we can read it because looking forward to Snagglepuss is a sad state of affairs.