This week, Dave was off in the America doing a business travel, or gentrifying Portland or something. We're not quite sure. Apparently there were food trucks. This left Lucy and Roger to go feral in the best way they know: by eating an enormous fancy cheeseboard and talking about queer comics.
We delve into the origins of lesbian & gay cartooning, eat a "cute brie", pontificate on structural inequalities, and feed Rogger his first Cheesestring.
That part ain't pretty, but the rest is comics.
Books we covered:
- #WicDiv - Team Tumblr
- Injection - Warren Ellis, Declan Shalvey, Jordie Bellaire
- Oh Joy Sex Toy - Erica Moen and many delightful guest artists
- The Ditch - Kristian Carstensen
- Space Dumplins - Craig Thompson
- Wendel - Howard Cruse
- Stuck Rubber Baby - Howard Cruse
- Dykes To Watch Out For - Alison Bechdel
- This One Summer - Jillian Tamaki, Mariko Tamaki
- Skim - Jillian Tamaki, Mariko Tamaki
- No Straight Lines (anthology) - ed: Justin Hall In particular, excerpts from:
- Poppers - Jerry Mills
- Child Labor - Mary Wings
- Cy Ross and the SQ Syndrome - Burton Clarke
- The Tortoise and The Scorpion - Carl Vaughn Frick
- I Know You Are But What Am I - Robert Triptow
- The Mostly Unfabulous Social Life of Ethan Green - Eric Orner
- Sexile - Jamie Cortez
- Instruction - Robert Kirby & D. Travers Scott
- Side By Side - Mioki (basically porn, hey - we don't always warn you...)
- Kyle's B&B - Greg Fox
- Seven Miles A Second - David Wojnarowicz, James Romberger, Marguerite Van Cook
- Honor Girl - Maggie Thrash
There's a PDF preview of the first few pages of No Straight Lines here
Cheeses we ate:
- Sussex Slipcote (so good)
The podcast wine today was an unremarkable Chinon.
We also asked for queer webcomic recommendations.
So why not do that in the comments, if you're a generally kind sort.