Who better to talk about national character in comics with than S.J. Harris, author of the extremely English Eustace, one of our favourite books of last year? And where better to record that than Rules, ludicrous cocktail bar and oldest restaurant in London? No one and nowhere, that's who/what.
There's a fair bit of noise in this one - it was recorded in a bar, there was another bar outside, a hen party within, a perpetually-circling police helicopter overhead (Roger recently threatened the king of Spain in an elaborate and unsavoury fashion), and to be brutally honest we were just eating bar snacks the whole time with no regard for decorum or your delicate ears. We can only apologise.
- Eustace - S.J. Harris
- The Ballad of Halo Jones - Alan Moore and Ian Gibson
- When the Wind Blows - Raymond Briggs
- Fungus the Bogeyman - Raymond Briggs
- The Tin-Pot General and the Old Iron Woman - Raymond Briggs
- The Bojeffries Saga - Alan Moore and Steve Parkhouse
- 2000 AD
- The Beano
- Krent Able
- Mr Mamoulian - Brian Bolland
- Adamtine - Hannah Berry