Do you want to get started reading the lycra-clad adventures that Marvel and DC peddle, but you're put off by the huge gnarled continuity that has built up over the best part of a century? Batman, X-Men, Superman - all have accreted a vast mythology full of plot holes, reboots, crises many and various, but fear not - we're here to help with some surefire techniques to get you past the initial confusion, and to make sure you find the good stuff. Thanks to Tom Howard on Twitter for the setup.
Leap straight to the 1 hour, 1 minute mark if it's just that that you're after, or stick around for: plenty of new things! A series of crimes done in Dave's house! An introduction to homebrewing! Haikus! The secret history of nutmeg! Who could want more? It's a bumper episode!
- Check Please! - Ngozi Ukazu
- Fires Above Hyperion - Patrick Atangan
- Descender - Jeff Lemire & Justin Nguyen
- Aama - Frederick Peeters
- Paper Girls - Brian K Vaughan & Cliff Chiang
- Space Dumplins - Craig Thompson & Dave Stewart
- Sex Criminals - Matt Fraction & Chip Zdarsky
- The Fifth Beatle - Vivek Tiwary, Andrew C Robinson
- Nathaniel's Nutmeg - Giles Milton
The suggestions for starting points:
- All-Star Superman - Grant Morrison & Frank Quitely
- Batman: Year One - Frank Miller & David Mazucchelli
- The Ultimates - Mark Millar & Bryan Hitch
- Astonishing X-Men - Joss Whedon & John Cassidy
- FF - Matt Fraction & Mike Allred
- She-Hulk - Dan Slott, Various
- Hawkeye - Matt Fraction, David Aja, Matt Hollingsworth
- Moon Knight - Warren Ellis, Declan Shalvey, Jordie Bellaire
- DC: The New Frontier - Darwyn Cooke
- Daredevil - Brian Michael Bendis, various artists
- Spider-Man: Blue - Jeph Loeb & Tim Sale
Even Batman knows Cyclops is a dick.