Buildings! Pretty great, huh? Personally, we all live in one. One each, this isn't like Rainbow where we all live in our pyjamas and hang out with a sexually ambiguous hippo. If only. Comics and architecture are natural allies, buildings being where stuff often happens, and comics being images of stuff happening. But there's more to it than that, and we look at some of the most interesting and informative takes on architecture in comics.
We also go into which each of our favourite metro systems are. Regular listeners will wonder what took us so long, frankly.
We apologise for the noisiness of this episode. Sometimes we just need our air really conditioned.
We read and discussed:
- Orbital - Sylvain Runberg & Serge Pelle
- Empty Zone - Jason Shawn Alexander
- Batman: Death By Design - Chip Kidd & Dave Taylor
- Saint Cole - Noah van Sciver
- Fante Bukowski - Noah van Sciver
- The Abaddon - Koren Shadmi
- Robert Moses - Christin Pierre and Oliver Balez
- The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath - I.N.J. Culbard, from H.P. Lovecraft
- Necropolis - Jake Wyatt
- Chew - Rob Guillory and John Layman
- Asterios Polyp - David Mazzucchelli
- From Hell - Alan Moore and Eddie Campbell
- Sandman: World's End - Neil Gaiman et al.